(Preview) You sure this is edible?! Hey!! Are you tryna assassinate me!?!?! Hellooo~ MOVIE”s back! *Winking sound by her friend LOL Today! I’ll be doing something that I’ve really wanted to do. Tada! (Excited) This is Malatang* sauce!
*Spicy Sichuanese Hot Pot My fan gave this to me as a gift during… was it at a festival or a fan meeting? Anyway, this sauce’s become pretty common in these days but at that time, it wasn’t really sold in the market, neither could I find it anywhere? This Malatang sauce! That fan, so graciously gave this to me with a very detailed recipe as well. Today, I’ll be cooking malatang with this sauce, by myself, at home! Yaaaaay!! 👏👏 I’ve never tried cooking it at home. So I’m feeling a lil nervous… I’ll try to make a legit hot pot with stock, vegetables, and meat! I have a guest today who’ll be eating it with me! That’s none other than (peek-a-boo) Nice to meet you! I’m Mini~! 😉 I came here without hesitation when I heard she’s gonna cook malatang! 🤤🤤 But you’ve already tried making it at home before, right?~ Yep, you got it right! 😏 I have faith in you. (😴😴) (Was I dreaming just now?🤷♀️)
Pardon? LOL (YOU HEARD ME) I’ve soaked Chinese glass noodle and dried tofu in water last night, We’ve got enoki mushroom, bean sprouts, and… spinach that Mini brought to replace bok choy… lol And, spinach and Chinese cabbage too! (Inquisitive)
How should I prepare the spinach?🤷♀️ You just have to parboil it just like how it is in malatang restaurants~ (Inquisitive) Do I need to parboil it?🤷♀️ Yo nvm, I’ll deal with the spinach… (NOT DONE YET) What about the cabbage?? 🤷♀️🤷♀️ I’ll deal with it too… You’re a master chef, aren’t you?~ Oh come on, I’m not a master chef~ (Stop flattering) (Compliments made our master chef’s day)
Please! It’s nothing special, girl!😤 Doesn’t ‘spinach’ remind you of mom? Like.. mothers always cooked spinach for us… (Got so timid all of a sudden lol)
Maybe not all mothers… 😅 I do like spinach soup! Wut? There’s such thing!? Never heard of it! Soybean paste soup with spinach! (How can you not know this?) I’ve never heard of such soup… (Well…?) I’ve never eaten anything like that!! (Upset) Why didn’t you share the goodie with me? You’re such a mean kid.. You’re such a mean kid!! Next time when your mom cooks soybean paste soup with spinach, remember to call me… LOL 😂😂 – Thoroughly washing it~
– Okay~ 2 will do, right? … Yeah! Wait, it may be too much. It’ll be enough! Btw, the spinach is in excellent condition. Looks very green and healthy~ It’s no joke! 👍👍 I’ll pour the stock into the pot. Cause we need to boil it, and it takes some time to boil. – I wanted to eat spicy hot pot so bad since yesterday morning!
– Me too!(x2) – I watched mukbang all day long yesterday.
– Same LOL Now, that’s why you replied so fast, eh? lol Min: Movie… I wanna eat malatang… Wanna grab one tomorrow? Movie: Actually I’ll be cooking it tomorrow. Min: Then, can I join..? 🤗💃 It should be around this size~ – Looks so delicious!
– Ikr! (Feels like we’re making healthy food)
The ingredients are so fresh! I think it’ll turn out to be better than the restaurant ones~ Then, we will.. – Oh, the smell..! I can already smell it!
– Oh, really? But it’s sealed, isn’t it? Let me see. Oh, indeed! (This is the smell of legit malatang!) Wow…. – No joke!
– So strong! Btw, it looks pretty scary. Like, no joke, it looks scary. Does it have an expiry date? I knew it! Expiration dates never exist in packages like these… 1 and a half years from the manufactured date! October 14th, 2018… …Hey! This is.. !!! – Perfect!
– It’s already expired!! No! If it’s manufactured in 2018, there’s 2019, and… But it’s been 2 years… This b*tch? *
*’2 years’ and ‘b*tch’ sounds very similar in Korean Oh, it’s safe! hehe (She got a little confused for a moment lol) What a relief! lol Wow, this..! looks like solid curry sauce/powder! Oh, it does look like it! Should we just throw it in? – Ms. Kim Young-Hwa~? (MOVIE’s real name)
– Yeah? You sure we’re on the right track? (MOVIE’s silent lol) Huh? Eh? Ehh? Ehhhh???~~ 🤷♀️🤷♀️ Oh, but it looks quite decent! Dece… Huh?… (What did I just see?) Hey, but it’s already quite spicy! My nose is full of mucus but the smell’s piercing it through! If it’s too strong, we can add more water later. Right~ It’s dissolving fast! Right! It is~! Let’s leave it to boil for a while. We’ll turn the camera back on once the broth starts boiling! When it starts boiling~ It’s boiling very furiously! (Adding the meat now!) This is a thin pork belly. I’ve only got thin pork belly in my fridge, Oh, you should’ve told me earlier! There’s beef loin in my fridge. For real!? I wanted to bring it on the way, but I forgot… Don’t you think I can put this in too? Nope, you should put glass noodles in at the last moment! (Ms. Kim MOVIE knows everything about glass noodles) Since glass noodle sticks on the bottom, we need to put it in last~ Wow, you studied a lot, girl~ 😆😆😆😆 Wow… looks like pork from hell! Lol Shall we put in other ingredients? Isn’t cabbage good for making broth? Right, it gets refreshing! (Already full) It’s full, LOL Yo, I think our hot pot is done just with cabbage LOL (LOL) It’s full… (It’s like straight-up hot pot now lol)
I think we need to add ingredients as we’re eating lol Like shabu-shabu LOL And we’ll add bean sprouts. Wait, all of them?! Yeah! I didn’t prepare a lot of it. Oh… (Looks perfect) Shall we just put everything in now? Let’s do that when it starts boiling again. Expert~ I’m a master chef~~ (Hey, you can cook too!)
Cooking is all about going with the flow~ You kno? We’ve added almost all the ingredients.. Uh.. I won’t put this in. – This?
– Yep. I don’t think there’s room for it lol Then, I’ll push it aside hehe Are we.. experimenting how much ingredients we can fit in the pot? LOL 😂😂😂 Like, this is a lab testing, ‘How much can we fit into this pot?’ Also, in order to make this a perfect meal, (Ta-da) we’ve ordered Guo Bao Rou too!!!!!↗
*Chinese double-cooked pork slices When it’s ready, we’ll eat it with the pork slices..! (My mouth’s already watering…)
Oh… 😋 It’ll be super delicious!!! 🥰🥰 (Koo Hyo-Min appears)
Hi! – How does it look?
– Good, isn’t it? Whoa!!! It looks so legit! (Glass noodle’s making it overflow)
Wow, it’s almost overflowing..! Malatang from hell! Let’s add one more of it (glass noodles). You know, we tend to add more and more glass noodle into the hot pot although we don’t even touch it at the end! I don’t understand why we do that LOL I wish we had a bigger pot… Ugh… Oh, the glass noodle’s getting cooked real fast. Told you, I soaked it in water! (Kim MOVIE, aka. Glass noodle expert, getting compliments 🤗)
You’re the best chef here. (Honestly looks better than the restaurant ones)
Wow, looks really good! Whoa…! Looks scrumptious! Thumbnail material! Wow, it looks insane. I can’t!! Finally… Finally… 🤤🤤🤤 We both didn’t eat anything today. And it’s 10:30 PM right now!! 😱😱 10.30 pm! (Thank you for the meal!) Tastes like actual Malatang!!! – It does?
– Yeah! (Yum!) But it isn’t as spicy & numbing! You sure? It does! It’s not as spicy for me! That’s ’cause you’re addicted to too much intense numbing! It’s not even remotely spicy though! – You sure?!
– Yeah.. Come back, my taste buds! How’s Guo Bao Rou? Lives up to its name! It’s good! Crunchy! How’s the glass noodle? (It’s delish ’cause it’s perfectly cooked!!!)
It’s chewy and… just amazing… I’ve never succeeded in soaking glass noodles in water (I finally did 🥰) You really are a successful child! You need to soak glass noodles in cold water for at least more than 10 hours. Cause, I couldn’t do that somehow. So then, how would you rate this out of 10? 7.5! (Hyomin’s unbiased evaluation)
Let me try. I’ll be the judge You try it! I’m an unbiased judge for malatang, you know? 4 for me! (nvm) No, I’ll go for 3! It’s too lightly seasoned… Let me describe the taste.. As malatang has gone viral for a while, you want to open a malatang restaurant too, so you’ve cooked malatang once at home! and this one tastes like your second try. (So detailed LOL) On the journey to find the perfect taste~ But I do think it’s okay! It’s more numbing than what I had cooked last time. It’s spicy for me. Ikr! It’s not spicy at all for me… Your tongue’s numb now! LOL It’s a little numbing, and a little spicy, but the soup isn’t very zesty – Right.
– That’s exactly how I feel. Well, I can’t taste both of those flavors right now… (Spiciness & numbing) Thank you to the subscriber who sent me this mala sauce! – Thank you, my Popcorn* 🙂
– Thank you!
*MOVIE’s subscribers This is all thanks to you! Ta-da! (It’s was really too much for two people…)
Everyone~ This isn’t what we’ve just cooked! It’s actually the leftover lol… We got this much guo bao rou left too I tried to eat it as much as possible, but it’s always hard to cook the right portion for malatang! (I always tend to put in lots of ingredients, thinking that I can eat’em all) We can’t control the portion even when we go to restaurants And to make things worse, I tried it at home and I tried to throw everything in because I wanted to add all the ingredients! It was completely overflowing!! lol (Malatang, which was about to burst anytime)
Like, we keep putting in ingredients lol How was today? Successful. I’m glad you think that way~ (Satisfied) Btw, it looks absolutely delicious by its look! But I know why beef is better than pork. How so? When you use pork, you can smell a lot of its odor but not for beef! (Expensive meat lives up to their name.) I want to go to a spicy malatang and have a proper meal.. (Again…?) For me, it didn’t feel spicy numbing, and zesty flavors at all! (MOVIE is sad) Neither did it taste like a real spicy hot pot… I don’t think I can eat spicy hot pot with you anymore. 😥 Anyway! Thank you for the meal! Thank you for the meal! 👏👏👏 A big thanks to all of you who watched today’s video!🙏 Then, we’ll be back in the next video! See you again! B↗ye!! (What’s wrong with her..) (Spat) Uh… LOL